Hi you guys!! I so love this DIY no sew bench cushion project because not only does it not involve sewing, (I’m horrible at it! I just can’t sew a straight line for the life of me! What’s worse, is my mom is amazing at it!), but it does involve a staple gun, which I love!
This project can add so much fun and character to your bench!
If you’re super busy, this is a perfect project for you, because it only takes about 15 minutes to make!
Yay, for fast and easy projects! If you’ve ever wrapped a present before, then you’ve got this in the bag, and this is coming from someone who also happens to be horrible at wrapping, too! Yikes, this post is exposing all of my weaknesses! (Okay, I wish that was all of them. I swear I am good at some things, too.😜)
Anyways, let’s get back to the important stuff, like making this super simple no sew bench cushion.
(This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase anything from clicking on the links I provide, I’ll get a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. I only recommend what I’ve used and love. Thank you!)
Here is what you’ll need:
- One piece of plywood cut to the dimensions of your bench.
- Foam to fit your bench. I bought mine at Joanne’s when it was 50% off, so it was only $9!
- 1 yard of fabric of your choice. I went with a simple fabric so I could get fun pillows!
- Staple Gun. This one works great!
- Spray Adhesive. This one here is super strong and works for wood and fabric, which is what you’ll want to glue the cushion to your bench.
Okay, now that you have your materials ready, let’s get started!
- Gather all of your materials.
- Spray a thin layer of adhesive onto your plywood, and place your foam on top of it. This will ensure that your foam doesn’t slide around on you under the fabric.
- Iron your fabric so that you can’t see the fold lines.
- Lay your fabric face down on the floor.
- Lay your plywood and cushion down on top of your material so the foam is face down, which means the foam should be laying on top of the fabric.
- Fold your material over the plywood, and start stapling the sides. Make sure you pull it tight, and have enough material for the other side to fold over. Make sure you don’t have an excess of material when you fold it over or it may make it look frumpy and bumpy when it gets glued to your bench. When you get to the edges wrap it like you would a present. Don’t worry if it looks messy, no one will see this part as we will be gluing it to your bench soon!:)
- Spray the wooded side that you just stapled all your material to with that same spray glue, and place it onto your bench cushion side up!
That’s it! Your done! Send pictures of your new and improved bench if you have time! I’d love to see how yours turned out!
I’m sorry I don’t have more pictures to give you a visual of the step by steps, but we did this in my pre-blogging days.
Thanks so much for visiting!
The Decor Mama