Hey guys, and thanks for coming!
I live in Arizona, and just about everything that’s outdoors get’s sun damaged here! It’s one of the prices we pay for not having to shovel snow in the winter months so I’ll take it! Example shown below. This wreath went from fab to drab real quick in the Arizona sun.
So the other day I was just about to throw this wreath away. It got so faded, and it’s not the look I was shooting for during the summer months when everything is supposed to be bright and fun. I had actually started putting it in the trash, when it hit me that the actual wreath was still perfectly fine, it was just the poor yellow flowers that were looking very dull these days that needed to be replaced.
That’s when I decided I’d see if I could get them out since I had bought this particular wreath at a store. I started ripping out the flowers, and to my surprise, they were all coming out perfectly! I had a brand new blank canvas to work with, and I saved a few bucks not having to buy it, too! Yay!
I then excitedly ran to Hobby Lobby to buy my new materials for my “new” wreath! All I ended up buying was one Greenery Garland that was 50% off, so it only cost me $15 dollars! I’m pretty happy with the fact that my “brand new” wreath only cost me $15 bucks!
So let’s get started on taking an old, sad wreath, and making it new again!
Here’s what you’ll need:
An old wreath(Duh!;)
New material of your choice. I chose a Greenery Garland from Hobby Lobby.
A hot glue Gun. Here’s one if you don’t already have one.
And I used ribbon in my “new” wreath, so maybe you’ll need that too, if you’re going for the same look I did. I already had mine on hand so it didn’t cost me any extra money.
That’s it! Now let’s get started!
Gather all your materials.
Rip out all of the old material out of your old wreath.
Grab your new material, and start sticking it on the old wreath. If you’re making the one I did, then you’ll need to cut off each branch off of the garland.
Hot glue any pieces if necessary. Since my old wreath had a twig, grapevine wreath base, most of my pieces just stuck right in, but there were a few I had to glue on to make sure they stayed.
Then I used some ribbon I already had, tied a bow, and stuck that on my wreath using a pinning needle.
That’s it! This was the easiest wreath I’ve made yet, and I’m so happy I didn’t completely throw away my old wreath because now I have a super cute new wreath, and I saved myself some money getting it, so that makes me one happy mama! I also ended up turning this into a fall wreath by adding cute white pumpkins to it, which will be in a blog post coming soon!!:)
Thanks again for coming!
The Decor Mama